Become the Chair of the Public Relations Committee
Blue Faery seeks an experienced public relations professional who would like to give his or her time to a small, but dedicated, nonprofit organization. He/she should have a degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or a related field. Experience can substitute for formal education. The Chair can expect to spend approximately eight hours per month on Blue Faery activities.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Draft press releases using AP style with perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or choose appropriate person to fulfill the task.
- Establish and maintain relationships with parties who can further Blue Faery’s mission.
- Identify and arrange PR/promotional opportunities (e.g., public appearances, interviews, lectures, conferences)
- Hold monthly meetings, which includes writing an agenda and keeping minutes. Meetings may be conducted in-person, by telephone, or via email.
- Manage and recruit committee members including giving assignments and monitoring progress.
- Report to the board of directors regarding PR activities.*
- Plan short and long-term goals and objectives for the committee.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our volunteer form.
*There are seven board meetings per year; they are typically the first Sunday of every even month plus January. Meetings may be moved for holidays, but they are always on Sunday and usually start at 5 p.m. PST.